Get a Quote

Service and support

What types of payment methods does Bankers Life offer?

Direct billing - We send premium notices to you at the address you specify. Only one address is allowed on the policy.

The Premium Payment Service Plan – We make monthly charges to your bank account on the day specified by the customer. Draft days available are the 1st through 28th of each month. To download the Premium Payment Service Plan, please visit our service & support page.

Government allotment - This method is available to those who are or have served in the military and are receiving pay from the government. If you are eligible for this type of payment, you must first contact your allotment officer.

Payroll deduction - This method is available when your policy is issued under your employer's sponsorship, and the employer deducts the premiums from your pay and sends them to us.

When do I need to pay my premium?

Premium payments should be received on the due date stated on your premium notice and no later than the end of the grace period. Different policies have different grace periods. Your grace period is shown in your policy. When we don't receive a payment by the end of the grace period, the policy lapses. If you are unsure as to the date your policy is paid to, and you have a life or health insurance policy, you can call the toll-free number to find out the due date. For all other plans, you can call the local office or write us.

Can I have my premium automatically withdrawn from my bank account?

Yes, this method of payment is called the Premium Payment Service Plan, and you can use either a checking or savings account. You need to fill in a form and return it with a payment great enough to cover your premiums up to and including the current month. This will give us time to set up arrangements with your bank and allow us to make a charge starting in the following month on the day you specify. You'll also need your bank's transit/routing number, which is located on a check or encoded deposit ticket. If you're not sure how to find this number, please check with your bank. You may obtain the form by our visiting our service and support page.

Can I change the date my charges are withdrawn if I find the current date inconvenient?

Yes, just let us know which day you'd prefer, falling between the 1st and the 28th.

How can I update my name and address of record?

Write us or call the local office. Proof of change of name will be needed for reasons other than marriage.

How do I change ownership of my policy?

Unless government regulations for Tax Qualified Plans prevent you from changing ownership, we will require you and the new owner to complete and sign an Absolute Assignment form in order to change ownership. You may obtain the form by our visiting our service and support page.

What do I do if I lose my policy?

Call the local office or write us or call our toll-free number. You may be required to complete a form, which we will provide.

I don’t know my policy number. How can I find out what it is?

If after checking through previous correspondence you can't find your policy number, call the local office, write us, or call our toll-free number. We will need to know the full name and Social Security number of the policy owner or insured. If there has been a name or address change since the last time you remember hearing from us, we will need the previous name and address. 

How do I find an agent after moving to another state?

Please use the branch office locator.

Can I make changes to my policy after it has been issued?

That would depend on policy provisions. For clarification, check your policy, call the local office, write us, or call our toll-free number.

I have submitted a claim, what should I expect?

Long-Term Care Claims Process. Note that the times provided are estimated time frames.