There’s a great quote that says, “Like a fine wine, people get better with age.” Here at Bankers Life, we believe this to be true.But while you’re enjoying all that retirement has to offer, you may need some help along the way. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, almost 70% of people turning age 65 will need long-term care services at some point in their lives,1 and this care can come at a steep price:
- $6,235 per month for a semi-private room in a nursing home2
- $6,965 per month for a private room in a nursing home2
- $21 per hour for a home health aide2
Typically, Medicare and most health insurance plans don’t fully pay for your assisted care needs. That’s why a growing number of retirees are turning to long-term care insurance to protect their futures. This insurance helps protect your life’s savings from the high costs of nursing home care, home health care or both.
When you choose long-term care insurance from Bankers Life, you can count on us to be there for you when you need us most; we will efficiently pay your claims and provide you with the high level of service that you deserve. Each year, we deliver millions of dollars of paid claims to thousands of policyholders:
- $525 million–total assisted care claims paid by Bankers Life in 2016
- 13,245–average number of Bankers Life assisted care policyholders paid per month in 2016
- 315,299–number of current Bankers Life assisted care policyholders
- 16,764–total Bankers Life assisted care policyholders on claim at any one time3
- 24,141–number of assisted care policyholders who received paid claim benefits from Bankers Life in 20164
1U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, The Basics, https://longtermcare.acl.gov/the-basics/index.html, 2/21/2017.
2U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Costs of Care, https://longtermcare.acl.gov/costs-how-to-pay/costs-of-care.html, 2/21/2017.
3Number includes short-term care and is defined as paid within the prior 90 days.
4Includes short-term care claims.